Sunday, June 12, 2011

In the Summer





 Summer is here! The weather has been super nice this week here in provo and every day after I get off work I just head outside for a run, bike ride, or any adventure (go carts, miniture golf, abandoned treehouses, splash parks, play grounds, baseball games and more) to try and soak up as much sun as possible! One of these is growing this little garden with my friend Landon, I don't know if Summer could be complete for me with out a garden or with out some bloody knees and legs from biking! ha ha

We planted Pumpkins, Cantaloupe, corn, strawberries, tomatoes, cilantro, basil, and rosemary, it is so amazing to me that you stick such seemingly lifeless things as pumpkin seeds into dirt and a few days later, plants start growing and then a few months later you have huge orange pumpkins to carve and make pies with! What a miracle!
And just in case you are wondering I just crashed my bike trying to jump a little dirt pile...guess I need to work on my jumping skills!


No comments:

Post a Comment